We thought we would share this message from the CFES (Canadian Federation of Engineering Students) regarding some European STEM Courses. Please read the quote below for more information. (Feel free to message ESSVPComms@engr.uvic.ca for a French version of below text.)
It’s time for one of the most wonderful times of the year again, BEST Course Application Season!
The Board of European Students of Technology (BEST) is inviting Canadian engineering students to apply to attend their complementary education courses all over Europe!
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Learn about a technical topic, in a 1-2 week long course with approximately 20 hours of technical instruction per week;
- Explore an European city and experience the local culture with students of technology from all over Europe through sightseeing activities;
- Participate in an “international evening” to share your cultural traditions with the rest of Europe.
Your responsibilities on the course will usually include:
- If you apply as a co-organiser:
- Helping course organizers with minor tasks related to the hospitality, social and cultural components of the course as well as technicalities;
- If you apply as a participant:
- Attending lectures and experience the academic component of the course;
- Participating in team building activities and games with other participants;
- Sharing your experience at the BEST Course with the CFES and your Engineering Society upon your return;
- Having a good time and bringing your Canadian Engineering spirit!