ESS MEETING - STREAM A
Wednesday July 4, 2001
2:30 - 3:30
Dave (Director of communications)
Sean (Director of services)
Lila (Director of events)
Lilah (VP Academic)
Anna (VP external)
- Tom proposes that we go by speaker list to make meeting more effective.
- Only 5 minutes allowed for each speaker; Wahiba should interrupt meeting when it goes further.
- You should let everyone know if you are going to miss a meeting.
Review of action items
- Volleyball net: Adrian is not here.
- Sean asked Bill Gorman about key cards issues, but he didn't help.
- Wait till George gets back (on Monday)
- We need to know who got in when foosball table got stolen.
- Anna is organizing the teachers dinner.
- She already talked to three teachers.
- It will be held in a pub in Cadboro Bay.
- Meeting of executives from engineering student societies.
- Spend five days in many seminars
- We need to send three 3 exectives and a first year.
- Jan 4-9th
Conferences and competitions
- Get poeple encouraged for competitions in the spring like Wecc, Mini Wecc ...
- T-shirts don't have patterns yet.
- 4 to 7 in Felicitas
- At 7, go in a double decker bus to a couple of pubs.
- We need to organize selling tickets.
- Sell tickets by the ELW door (65 total).
- Doing activities to get everyone to know each other.
- Find out what stream B did last time and figure out what to do this time.
- Dave will help organize things for it.
- Lilah and Dave won't be here in two weeks.
Order of Pie
- We need to organize it better.
- Someone should make a plan.
- Kane and Wahiba will work on coming up with some ideas for it.
- Wahiba needs to pick up three logbooks from Walmart or Zellers.
- The first meeting of each term should only be about transition of executives.
- Wahiba will keep looking into allowing Nibbles and Bytes to be open late.
- As for the iron ring: Tom will write a letter to the Dean.
- Dave will email Andrew to see what he will do.
- Lila has a couch in better shape than anything else here.
- Lila will take the red couch sometime this week.