ESS MEETING - STREAM A
Wednesday February 6, 2002
5:30 - 6:45
Sean (VP Academic)
Wayne (VP External)
Tariq (Director of Services)
Treva (Director of Events)
Gordon (Director of Corporate Relations)
Jane (Director of Communications)
Jennie (Editor of Fishwrap)
Mr. Bruce Wayne
Joel (Stream B VP External)
Quote of the Day
- "Theres no thrill in easy sailing when the skys are clear and blue, theres no joy in merely doing things which anyone can do. But there ius some satisfaction that is mighty sweet to take, when you reach a destination that you thought you'd never make."
Army of Blueness
- We were the largest faculty there!!!
- Pictures will be put on the web site ASAP.
- We hope to show up at UBC on March 15 2002.
- We will be advertising the fund in next Fishwrap.
UVSS Travel Fund
- Craig and Wyane went to the meeting and proposed engineers get money.
- We received $500.00 from the UVSS Travel Pool.
- Applications for Chairs will be reviewed, and the results will be given after Reading Break.
- Gordon will become the new ECE coop committee member.
Elec 199 Issues
- E-mail any concerns ASAP to Sean.
- Sean will be meeting with department tomorrow.
WECC Press Release
- Has been done and will be sent out.
- Letters to Dean will be sent out soon.
- Hoping to get all registration from Dean.
- More help is expected from APEG.
- Gordon will look into Corporate Funding.
- Wrote out all reimbursement checks for WECC, pub crawl, ski trip.
- Returned damage deposit from WECC to appropriate students.
- Will look into more money that needs to be repaied.
- APEG donated $500.00 for WECC and 50% went to each stream.
- Stream B participants in WECC are requesting more reimbursements.
- Option 1: Give money to Stream A (11 participants).
- Option 2: Give Stream B money (13 participants).
- Option 3: Give the money to CEC participants (11 participants).
- Seven executives voted to keep the money in Stream A.
- Updated the ESS Website.
- Kane will register domain name after talking to Greg Duncan.
- Talked to Head about the lack of English skills in our TAs, no resolution was made.
- Talked to Dean about the APEG situation.
Director of Communications
WECC Press Release
- Passed around the press release.
- Jane will go to the Dean with the realease.
- Jane will contact Chris about when to send it out.
- Jane will formulate a distribution list for ESS link and send the release on it.
- Jane will talk to companies inquiring about advertising on the board.
- Gordon will think of other companies to advertise and will work out a fee.
Director of Corporate Relations
Printer for ESS
- We will be getting a printer next week from Announce Printer Works.
Corporate Sponsorship Group
- We had our first committee meeting today.
- Portfolio should be ready in early March.
Order of Pi Sponsorship
- Kane will update the website.
Director of Events
- Tickets are almost completely sold.
- Only a few checks need to be made.
Order of Pi
- Need to keep Execs helping out.
- Demostrations will be done in first year classes ASAP.
- Fred Foster will become the new "Tsar Foster" of the Eng Games.
- Will occur around March 22nd.
- We will try to run an ultimate frisbee game mid-March.
Director of Services
- We had a demo on Tuesday with Jackets.
- Tariq and Jennie will choose a fleece and will look into prices Wednesday.
- Tariq will look into bolting a microwave outside the office.
- Kane will do a write-up about Ski Trip and get some pictures.
- Thinking about having a competition in next issue to give away a shirt.
Selection of Dean
- Dean will be chosen soon, committee meets tomorrow night.
- Find "ESS for Dummies" to activities organized (this summer).
Thought of the Day
- Setting: Breaststroking...
- The sum of the wholes is more valuable than each of the parts. In the ESS, each of the separate execs has more value as a part of the team than by themselves.