ESS MEETING - STREAM A
Wednesday March 6 2002
5:30 - 6:00
Sean (Vice President Academic)
Wayne (Vice President
Jane (Director of Communications)
(Director of Events)
Tariq (Director of Services)
Vice President Academic
Quote of the Week
- Sorry... no recorded quote this week.
Co-op Committee Meeting
- Last meeting is coming up soon.
- Faculty was upset by the differential fees.
Vice President External
- Input for the next industry night is welcome.
- Waynes e-mail is email@example.com
Director of communications
Advertising for Order of Pi
- Speaker's Corner went well.
- New VI wants to interview us and Jane faxed an event summary.
- Cafeteria pieing will be Friday at dinner.
- Pieing on the Q will be at 8:30am Thursday.
- Posters will be put up soon.
Director of Events
- Treva needs the budget ASAP.
- Destry will make a banner.
- Treva will look into the Velox field.
- Fred will be consulted about taking over organization.
Director of Services
- Tariq got the 7% fee removed.
- Samples for the fleeces will be in soon. Treva and Ryan will pick them
- Available in the office.
- Friday March 3rd there will be a meeting in the ESS office.
- Learned the origin of the term FRO.
- Destry sent out an e-mail on the link.
Sean's Thought of the Day
- A long time ago, in a land far away, some astronauts ran into a problem.
They found that the pens they were using in space did not work with the
lessened gravity. Scientists dedicated their lives to finding a solution to
this problem. After many years and millions of dollars, they came up with a
pen that could function under a variety of temperatures and varying
gravitational strengths. Meanwhile, the Russians came up with an ordinary
pencil that performed the task sufficiently.
- The lesson to be learned through this story is that simpler is sometimes