May 31, 2003

 

  • Attendees:  Nikin Popat, Omar Ishkintana, Kinman Lam, Marc Doucette, Jason Wei, Chris Garand, Wayne Choi, Sherry Dhillon

 

  • Fishwrap-Chris Mueller, Mia Kurokawa and JP Chow are interested in being editors

 

 

  • Review of Robert’s Rules
    • 1 finger- something to say off the current topic
    • 2 fingers-something to say on the current topic
    • 3 fingers-time to move on!
  • Review of orientation package

 

  • We need to get more people to come out to ESS meetings
    • Try posting topics to be discussed in the Fishwrap so people know what will be discussed at the next meeting.  This way if someone is interested in the topic they may show up at the meeting.
    • Make class announcements to get the same information out
    • Try some form of enticement-i.e. give tickets to an event out right before a meeting and let people know what will be discussed at that day’s meeting

 

  • New equipment borrowing procedure
    • To borrow equipment students should have to leave their student card and possibly a deposit
    • Should we lock up the equipment?

 

  • Meeting Time
    • Will be at 5pm on Tuesdays in the ELW lobby
    • Will put up a sign to say that we are holding an ESS meeting
    • Action Item:  Wayne-bring a whiteboard.

 

  • Organization/Clean-Up
    • Start putting all information onto a CD at the end of each semester/year
    • Make a master list of goals that we would like to accomplish over the next 3-5 years
      • Break down these goals into sub-tasks that can be done whenever people have spare time

 

  • Review of the Constitution
    • Read this over on your own time
    • Action Item:  Kinman-look into having Pepsi sponsor more of our events through food donation or otherwise.
    • Action Item:  All-Get a list of any office supplies that are needed to Nikin by Monday.
    • Action Item:  Wayne-look into if we would like black books for each of the exec positions
    • Action Item:  Nikin-Order office supplies and paper from Staples on Monday

 

  • Office Hours
    • During this time your main priority should be ESS related stuff

Events

 

  • Golf Tournament
    • Date:  June 14th
    • Action Item:  Chris-Try to get a deal from Henderson?  (look into the 10 pack deal)

 

  • Intramurals
    • Try to enter a team for the next session
    • Action Item:  Chris-find out what sports will be played

 

  • Squash Ladder
    • Possibly charge $2 to enter
    • Action Item:  Omar and Nikin-look into organizing a ladder.

 

  • Pub Crawl
    • Date:  July 4th (previously June 13th)
    • There will be an announcement made in the Fishwrap to let people know that they can vote for where they would like to go (maybe pick one pub and one club)
    • -Will probably still start at Felicita’s
    • Action Item:  Chris-look into having t-shirts made and calling places (pubs/clubs) to see if we can go there

 

  • Do we want to have a blood drive?
    • Try doing something like “A pint for a pint” as a way of encouraging people to donate

 

  • All events that we hold this semester should try to incorporate raising funds or food donations for the food bank
  • All Exec are expected to be at every event