ENGINEERING STUDENTS SOCIETY MEETING MINUTES

July 6, 2005

 

Name

Position

Attendance

Nikin Popat

President

Yes

Omar Ishkintana

VP Academic

Yes

Kienan Hamm

VP External

Yes

Sundeep Rana

Treasurer

Late

Lisanne Prince

Secretary

Yes

Tyler Price

Director of Communications

Yes

Amalija Kopac

Director of Corporate Relations

Yes

Tyson Owens

Director of Events

Yes

Andre Johnson

Director of Services

Yes

Terry Bourgeois

 

No

Eamon Millman

President B

Yes

 

 

Commenced at 1733 hours

 

Actions:

-Amalija and Nikin: Bring treats for next meeting

-Kienan: make external events calendar and send to Lisanne

-Everyone: make Mini-WECC announcements

-Lisanne: take care of Order of Pi

-Nikin: make agenda for coop focus group

-Lisanne: make girls night tickets

-Tyson: order more tickets

-Lisanne: get new plant

-Sundeep: get new camera

-Everyone: make announcements for pubcrawl

-Sundeep: take care of action items asap

-Tyler: remove BBQ advertising

-Sundeep: look into student fees ASAP

-Nikin: write something for fishwrap

 

 

Minutes:

-External events calendar is done

-Kienan attended the Engr Associates meeting

-Amalija will attend the nest one with Kienan

-Lighthouse brewery sponsorship is all sorted out

-Congress applications will be out soon

-Prez mail went out next semester each exec will send out their own “prez mail”

-Grad committee has started up

-Lisanne will take care of Order of Pi and Amalija will help her

-Eamon will help out with the coop focus group

-Girls night is organized (7:45pm at Moxies on July 16, 2005)

-Pubcrawl really needs to be advertised!

-Sundeep will take care of all action items ASAP

-The BBQ will not take place on July 9th

-The volunteer thank-you will be more of a party and have dinner for the volunteers

-Last fishwrap is due to come out July 18th

-We will start advertising for AGM ASAP so we can have an early AGM

-The Hunt is still on, why won’t they die???

-Pubcrawl bar list is not finalized; tentative list is Cambie, Sopranos, Steamers, The Jungle Room, Plan B

-Tyson and Sundeep are working on the list

-The new merchandise will not be ordered this semester now it’s too late

-30 shot glasses have been organized

-Fleecies orders are still coming in

-Zap has lowered their printing prices to 5 cents, Andre find out if this is only temporary

-If it is lowered permanently we will drop ours to match

-ESS will give the Frosh two $50 copy card

 

 

Adjourned at 1840 hours

Minutes taken by:

 

Lisanne Prince

Secretary

CC: those present