ESS STREAM B MEETING MINUTES
TUESDAY JANUARY 9, 2001
- Megan Howell Jones - (4B
- Niilo - President (3A Comp)
- Chris Ross - Director of
Events (3A Mech)
- David Black - Secretary (3A
- Matt Guenther – Mech Rep (4B
- T.J. Drennan - Treasurer (4B
- Kevin Maxwell - Treasurer (3A
- Chris Singer – (4B Elec)
- Jeff Richards – Director of
Services (3A Mech)
- Christa Kruck – (1B Rep)
- Shannon McLaren – (1B Rep)
- Reese Dawes – (1B Rep)
- Tariq Ahmed – (1B Rep)
- Diana Walker – (1B Rep)
- 1st year students
welcomed to the meeting and everyone asked to say their names.
- $300.00 budgeted for this.
- Tentative plans: Soccor tourney indoors or outdoors,
BBQ, prizes, hard hats, frosh movies, movie nite, student mixer.
Tentative Schedule of upcoming weeks:
Nite 2 in CIT
PM Student Mixer
to 4th year law.
3. Order of Pi:
- Explanation of Order of Pi to
1st year students.
- Focus this term should be on adequate
support not only for theatrical participants but organizers in ESS office.
- Chris Singer is putting together
some written information to outline how to hold the charity event and to solidify
it for the future.
- Looking for lots of 1st
4. Volunteer Information Session:
- Friday Jan. 12, for 1 hour.
- Get 3rd year students
out by letting them know how much they have to teach younger students.
- $100.00 to be spent on prizes.
- By organizing a form of BINGO
we can encourage people to mingle.
5. Mech 320
- Dr. Provan has made his
course CD available to the ESS for distribution, with profits to go to the
- It is decided to that paper
copies of the notes would be more useful to the students and the ESS could
make them cheaper than students could. We would charge 5 cents a page.
- Jeff is going to staples to
see how much they can do it for.
- ESS will be presenting itself
at this meeting.
- Information to relay:
Disorientation schedule, AGM date, Dean’s BBQ.
- We should make an overhead of
this information to make our presentation fit in with everyone elses.
- The ESS will be making the
- 1st Year’s: Math
101 (8:30 & 1:30 Wednesday)
- 3rd Year’s: CSc
349A (Thursday morning)
- 4th Year’s: Engr
498 (Next Tuesday)
- Needs to be held in the next
- Should have as few motions as
possible to keep things going.
- Time: 12:30 Thursday, 25th.
- Wednesdays at 5:30 pm
(tentative meeting time)
- Hand out directories forms in
each class visit.
- ESS makes approx. $900.00
each term for directories.
- Forms updated to include
email addresses and whether they want to be a part of the by monthly list
11. Ski Trip:
- Book 2 x 16 person chalets
and cancel one if required.
- Each coach holds 47 people,
$650 each way. One is enough.
- Preliminary interest sign-up
sheets to be handed out to get an idea of numbers, should ask during class
- Chris is in process of getting
approximate price range.
- Jeff will be attending this
since he is interested in VPA position.
- This wednesday night at 6:30.
- Niilo wants to identify specific
people who have keys and who has not yet paid deposit.
- Need to find office key list.
- To be posted after the AGM.
- For now, a sign will be
posted outside the ESS saying that we will be available as much as possible.
- New committee to be selected.
- Looking for a member from
- Execs to meet in office at
8:20, Wed. Jan 10.
- Chris to buy a pack of name
tags for 1st year identification
CFES and budget