ESS STREAM B MEETING MINUTES
Wednesday February 5, 2003
- Tariq Ahmed
- Jena Croft
- Ziko Rajabali
- Greg Gebrail
- Beau Nychka
- Ryan MacKenzie
- Kevin Clark
- Drew Somerville
- Jennie Rittberg
- Belinda Zhu
- Marc Bodin
- Kelly Stich
Executive Action Items
- has keys on the go, might be changing locks next semester
- By-Election was good and quick, do an events summary
- Johnson Street Bridge - Tariq denied responsibility, probably UBC
- talked to Marylin Kowalchuk (co-op coordinator)
- she's not going to come every week, only when Greg requests
- no start of term meeting
- needs minutes from ECE curriculum meeting
- concern about double the opportunity initiative for ECE (Dr.Dong)
- might pass some of the money to the Mech Dept
- won't fill all ECE seats that are created
- new building
- possibly no study space
- no student rep on the planning committee
- possible new ess office
- ECE students concerned with Prof (Dr. May)
- Mech 390 - check with Dr. Struchtrup about a room change
- ECE students - midterm dates are being frequently changed, get profs to solidify dates in the future
- give Tariq information on Senate Meeting
- meeting with Diana at 11:30 this Friday
- Industry Night
- tentatively set for March 19
- start promoting
- WECC and CEC reimbursements (need paper receipts)
- update CFES and WESST links
- 50 tickets so far should sell out...
- need to sell all tickets to break even
- do class announcements (jennie & jena)
- try to get 4th years out (ziko)
- start organizing sports tournament net week
- web page updates
- directories are coming...
- Jennie has taken over doing the essb news email weekly
- will take care of spam on link
- got a deposit only debit card
- deposited $900 from the pub crawl
- endowment fund
- go through EZ account
- give receipts to George
- figure out how to get disorientation money!
- photocopier is working well, jams occasionally
- contract with university printing is going slow
- put up signs about which cards to use
- photocopier is self-serve: don't feel bad about not helping with duplex copying etc
- check that the people buying cards are undergrad engineering students
- Engineering Fleece Order Forms
- start distributing
- get forms out quick so grads can get them!!!
- patches for front of fleeces?
- come up with a new merchandise idea everyone
- how about a shortcast radio station?
- run by Chris Mueller, Omar, etc.
- would like access to port at back of the office for server
- ESS could put on announcements
- concerns about copyright issues?
- Ziko feels that clubs (AUVic etc) should get priority to computer ports
- Chris Mueller will come forward with a formal proposal
- AGM minutes, By-Election minutes up on web
- have Frosh chair selected asap!
- emailed U of S - will send sponsorship package to Craig Rice
- tried VIB, haven't called back yet
- will try more companies
- AUVic would like key for meetings/computer use/ and a cubby hole.
- ESS will get priority for the office
- will look into office space for clubs
- Tariq will write a letter about more office space to Dean's office
- vote: for giving key to AUVic
- 7 for, no against, therefore passes
- Tariq will get key for AUVic
- Jill - update office hours to include Jena
- Drew - will start throwing exams into boxes for scanning next week
- new SENG website - Phys 125 in first semester???