ESS Stream B Meeting Minutes
February 26, 2003


Attendance:
Tariq
Kevin
Greg
Jennie
Belinda
Drew
Jena
Kelly
Reese
Ryan
Marc
Jill
Joanne

President
- mid-term reflection: please still feel free to bring up any changes or new ideas for how things are run
- went to the Engineering Associates Meeting
- keys: still waiting on CSCU, giving one to Frosh
- keys will be changed at the end of term
- will start meetings on time from now on
- thinks that meetings should include the planning of things

VPA
- plans to make it more clear to students that tentative exam schedules can be changed
- Mrs. Kowalchuk will be sitting in next week
- is going to clear up rumours about S.Eng curriculum
- ECE Curriculum Meeting: next week, Jena will go

VPX
- Old Action Item: met with Diana
- WECC/Congress Payouts still to be sorted out
- Congress: travel receipts needed
- Industry Night: March 19, Grad Lounge, 5-7 pm
- Action Item: posters for Industry Night, T&W, and essb news
- Action Item: email Tariq University Publishers info

Communications
- Old Action Item: webpage updates, meet with Kelly
- Old Action Item: essb news list
- Old Action Item: learn about essb discussion link
- Directories: ready to be distributed
- Action Item: put directory files on web
- Tubes and Wires: came out on Monday, next issue 2 weeks, deadline friday before

Corporate Relations
- Order of Pi: VIB, Staples, Strathcona, Sports Traders (want a proposal and may lend equipment)
- ask about advertisements for pubcrawl t-shirts
- Nexen
- talk to Joel
- U of S: send copy to exec link

Events
- Law Hockey Tournament: this Sat 7-8 pm and Sun 10am- 12 pm.
- Foos Tourney: Wed March 4 - Tues March 11, sign up forms on desk, class announcements
- Soccer Tourney: insurance, toilets, sign up on desk ($10/person), no announcements yet
- Old Action Item: pubcrawl ads for Tubes - done

Services
- deal with photocopier contract
- new merchandise: t-shirt design, Bookstore said boo! to Engr girls kick ass/ Uvic chick hoodies
- more paper needed b/c we're cutting into reserves
- SFU wants Engr sucks t-shirts, emailing them permission to make their own
- Old Action Item: idea for a first-year event, blank
- need 8.5 by17 paper for Tubes and Wires
- Action Item: need to stock up on office supplies, foos supplies etc.

Treasurer
- received cheque for student fees today and university publishers!
- submitted forms for ball hackey stuff
- Cadboro Bay CIBC is moving in July! hooray!

Secretary
- Old Action Item: By-Elec and AGM minutes - done

Order of Pi
- starts Monday with a camera crew!

Frosh
- first Frosh Meeting by co-chairs this Thursday February 27 in ESS Office @ 5:30pm

Other
- projector cover will be ordered and we must reimburse money