ESS Stream B Meeting Minutes
October 6, 2003

Attendance:
Kai Zhang
Greg Gebrail
Rich McWalter
Jena Croft
Jenni Rettiberg
Sean Peterson
Drew Summerville
Eamon Millman
Joey Luyckx

President

1. We are in the paper. Yay
2. Bugpush - we still have the bug. Still taking in donations to generate even more money for the United Way
3. ESS Office situation
- Dr. Urgusal - positive support for the ESS
- Proposal to have a donuts and coffee tour of ESS office on Wednesday 10:00-11:00
- Action Item - make invitations for ECE, Mech, and Coop Office for ESS office tour
- Action Item - Each ESS executive think of an highlight
4. CSCU - Andrew Swerdlow has ESS keys
5. Fee Stuff - Action Item - Greg, contact university administration, get student fee raised
6. Meeting with Dean
- Greg and Rich to meet with the Dean
- present student petition for ESS office
- inform the dean on the upcoming National Conference for Women in Engineering
7. Poster procedure - posters and banners need to be stamped

VPA
1. BSENG
2. Get statistics on engineering population and graduate population

VPX
1. MINI WECC - need to refine idea
2. Congress applications are not found. Action Item: Make new Congress applications. Send 4 people, fees have not yet been set.

DoC
1. Action Item: Tubes by Tuesday
- include the following: Pub Crawl, MINI WECC, Congress, National Women in Engineering, ESS Office, Winter Formal, Faculty, Humorous article
2. ESSB News - Pub crawl, MINI WECC, Congress, National Women in Engineering
3. ESS Link
4. Action Item: Link webpage to directory
5. Discuss announcements with Dr. Provan. - important time to inform first years of activities and generate better involvement in engineering
6. Banner Ads - need to get them stamped

DoCR
1. Action Item: Bug Push reels, talked to Check TV, new VI, need reply from Shaw
2. Thank company sponsors for their support in the Bug Push
3. Action Item: Talk to Vancouver Island Brewery
- check to see if we still have a deal with them
- talk to Mark Bowdin
- offer to put VIB logo in ESS
4. Seek out new sponsors
5. Syncrude sign - talk to Kevin

DoE
1. Touch football tournament - canceled
2. Pub Crawl Oct. 17 with nurses, talked to Esquimalt Inn,
- Action Item: Talk to felicitas and other pubs as well
- start at felicitas, then Esquimalt Inn, Tutor House, Carlton Club, ending at Legends
3. Winter Formal Action Item: call Harbour Towers, get a cheque to Harbour Towers
- talk to other faculties to see if their interested

DoS
1. Fleeces - need to remake Ads with correct date
- Action Item - email ad info to Jena for Tubes and Wires
2. Reciepts - obtain reciepts
3. Sale of the Century - Action Item: need to talk to other stream
4. Pint glasses - logo of birds
5. T-shirts - Action Item: give some t-shirts for the bug push to coop to thank them for helping

Treasurer
1. Absent

Secretary
1. Foosball Table needs extra cleaning
2. Plant needs watering
3. Action Item: Projector cover
4. Message board needs a Congress section
5. Action Item: Get tacks for message board
6. Scrap book - Action Item - get newspaper clippings from TC, Martlet, and other sources, consult Joey for her expertise

Meeting Time
Next ESS meeting is held Tuesday at 4:30pm