ESS Meeting Minutes – Tuesday, March 13, 2007

 

Old Business

 

1)      Tubes and Wires

-        Good work

-        Some editing problems

-        Chris Chmara’s name spelled wrong = street cred—

 

2)      Dodgeball

-        Went well

-        Thshirts being picked up Wednesday for winners

-        Could have been better organized. Need plan before event starts

-        Trophy: to be presented at formal

 

3)      UVSS Sub-org Funding

-        Got one from grad, one from FSAE

-        Discuss at next meeting

 

4)      Grad 05/06 Yearbooks

-        Chris called them, explained situation, hopefully they don’t call back

-        He will call back if he can’t find out who is responsible: ie: Stream A

 

5)      Clock

-        Clocks found, clocks sucked

-        Logan shall kick the shopping up a notch to determine ultimate clock

-        Look into clock from school. Built it?

 

6)      Fan

-        Logan will buy fan when he buys clock

 

New/Current Business

 

7)      Skim Jam

-        April 5th – midday

-        Weather? Sunny = fine, rainy = not fine

b)      Need

-        camera for pics of Logan falling

-        P.A. system – rented from Long and Mcquade previously

-        Permit – notify parks – Kyle do this

-        Need proof of insurance to get permit

-        Insurance – talk to UVSS in Sub – insurance for BBQ at beach

-        Wavers for people to sign

-        Music – mix up variety, no inappropriate music egtha police

-        Notify zone – Could they come?

-        Hot dogs from real Canadian superstore

-        BBQ from? Truck?

-        Where to get power. Generator?

-        Talk to Brandon Wright – helped last time

-        Check tidal tables

 

8)      Extra Cash

-        TV – Aaron is looking after it

-        If find TV would need car to transport – Kyle, Dan Logan can have cars

-        Need good stapler

 

9)      Travel Budget

-        Dan talked to George who is talking to Susan who is finding out how much we have left

-        Draw up travel budget to submit before April

-        Talk to Mike from Stream A

-        Figure out how many people to what events

-        Congress – Alberta

-        Pres Meeting – Regina

-        WEC – Victoria

-        West – Vancouver

 

10)  Endowment Fund

-        Friday at 2:00 in ECS 237

-        Kyle, Dan – Stream B

-        Karl, Neal – Stream A

-        Engr Associate - ?

-        Engr Alumni - ?

-        Dean

-        Proposal Deadline is Thursday

-        Dan – Write proposal for camera

 

11)  Engr Formal

-        23rd is out, conflicts with undie run

-        Formal on 30th

-        Kyle – Talk to Ambrosia Events and Catering

-        30$ per ticket

-        Need fancy flyers up in lobby by Friday

 

12)  Industry Night

-        Dan – Talked to Raul, Bruce Winters regarding speaking

-        Talk to George to book lobby

-        Will be on March28th at 7:00PM

-        Make a poster

-        Ad in next issue of Tubes

-        Food and Refreshments hopefully provided

 

13)  Order of Pi

-        2 workplaces on Wednesday

-        Chris on TV all week = Streed Cred++

-        Chris on Cover of Martlet, beating Elections = Street Cred x 2

-        Chris == Badass

-        Need lots of Volunteers still

 

14)  Sponsorship Package

-        Brendan get on it

 

15)  Pay Karl

-        Yes

 

16)  Handbooks

-        Jeff get on it – Talk to UBC people

 

17)  Tubes and Wires

-        Special issue to support sub-orgs

-        Add in formal and industry night info

-        Add in thanks to dominoes for dodgeball pizza

-        Out Thursday if possible

-        Approach Auvic and FSAE directly to talk about their plan

 

18)  Fleeces

-        Need Paper to make posters and order forms – is ordered

-        Will begin selling this week

 

19)  Budget

-        Looking good

 

20)  CENG Specialization

-        Current options – Systems vs Software

-        Proposal – general option that combines the two

-        Consensus: it seems like a good idea to have more options