ESS STREAM B MEETING MINUTES
WEDNESDAY October 27, 1999
- Megan Howell Jones (President)
- Chris Singer
- Craig Rice - V.P. External (2B Elec)
- TJ Drennan (Treasurer)
- Chris Bowness - V.P. Academic (3B Mech)
- Chris Ross (Events)
- Kevin Maxwell - Secretary (2A Elec)
- David Black - Secretary (2A Mech)
- 3B Reps:
- Matt Gunther
- Gabriel Bowers
- 2A Reps:
- 1A Reps:
1. VW Bug
the bug will finally be picked up tomorrow.
2. Next Pub Crawl (with CSCU)
3. Skating Social
to take place November 5th.
Woman from Oak Bay Recreation Centre has responded giving prices between $40-$80 per hour rental for the rink.
Rest of information regarding skating ring is unknown and will be known soon.
Possible idea to have skating social followed by pubsit.
4. Becky’s Item
Possible free jackets or vests to be provided by Becky’s contact.
General prices: $32 vest, $38 jacket, $5 for any embroidery.
Suggested colours: blue, gold.
Sizes: 10% small, 25% medium, 30% large, 30 % XL, 5% XXL.
- We now have permission to cut the lockers after giving notice.
- Renewal of lockers idea presented to the CSCU in this meeting.
- Notices will be poster for people to get rid of their belongings before lock cutting date.
- Services will take care of lock cut list.
- Signs will need to be put up during the spring term: Other notices to be posted by email and through Tubes and Wires.
- $2.50 per drink
- will take place and the Crystal Gardens
- rental price $775 dollars to be paid by November 8th (approx. $200 from other faculties.)
7. Endowment Fund
- there is $4000-$5000 to work with.
- All applications must be formal proposals, to be accepted until mid January.
- The applications are submitted to the ESS care of the treasurer.
- Main criteria for applications is that they are geared toward the good of engineering at UVic.
8. Machine Shop
Had meeting last Monday with Dr. Dost (Dean of Mechanical Engineering)
1 lecture/lab on alternating weeks lasting 1 hr each.
For now, the project will be run solely by the E.S.S. and will not be a part of the UVic calendar for at least the first year.
A committee will be chaired by a 3B mech in the E.S.S. or class representative, rest of committee consists of the machinist, Dean and a 2A representative.
Proposal for new course to be issued by next Friday (working on it on Monday.)
Digital camera mandate is still being investigated.
Slurpee machine is being investigated by Jay Walls.
Chris Singer is looking into getting a new hard drive for the ESS PC.
Megan is making a coherent process for putting exams onto the internet so that each executive can do so during office hours.